Darkly chilled electronica and an assortment of remixes make for a nice evening of listening enjoyment.
About the album:
mayfairgrin seeks to wrap the listener in a warm blanket of molten melodies and chilled rhythms.
This is impressionistic music, existing outside of the verse-chorus-verse structures of a three-minute pop song. The music expands and blurs the boundaries between shoegaze, gothic, ambient, industrial, post-rock, and electronica.
mayfairgrin has existed in various forms for the past ten years... a mainstay to the electronic and ambient music underground.
RIYL cerebral, electronic-leaning artists (Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Bowery Electric, Massive Attack, Moby, and Dead Can Dance), intelligent, introspective, dreampop, ambient, shoegaze.
released 01 August 2011
andrew - synths, guitars, efx, arrangement, programming, atmospheres
fabian - vocals on "of distance and resonance"
noa - cover photography
mika - cover model
01. dear gosling [08:58]
02. arabianesque [10:45]
03. making mud stars [14:30]
04. of distance and resonance [10:34]
05. the raft is not the shore [07:55]
06. filament [16:15]
07. of distance and resonance (cyberchump version) [05:25]
08. of distance and resonance (shadowbunny remix) [05:01]
09. of distance and resonance (autmn lev remix) [06:05]
10. of distance and resonance (autovoice remix) [07:41]
11. of distance and resonance (internal empty de/mix) [11:43]